Under 12's Course
A perfect introduction to singing, children learn technique through songs chosen specifically for them.
It is well documented that children benefit from a high quality singing provision. The transferable skills they develop in these lessons can have a positive impact across all subjects in the classroom:
- Develop concentration
- Improve memory retention
- Social and emotional development
- Supports literacy – developing reading skills, phonics and pronunciation
- Supports speech development, language and communication
- Improved self-esteem
- Develop lasting tools to express themselves with confidence and creativity.
Singing Course 12+
Working with syllabus from Rockschool, Trinity and LAMDA, I am experienced in entering students for grade exams, though this is not mandatory!
I specialise in Musical Theatre and preparing students who are looking to become professional performers for the rigours of the industry. I also teach CCM (contemporary/pop) and Classical techniques.
Regardless of your preferred genre, all courses will include:
- Breath control
- Exploring & developing range
- Intro to different voice registers (i.e ‘head’ & ‘chest’ voices)
- Pitching & intonation
- Development of vocal style
- Creating a strong & confident voice
- Maintaining a healthy voice
- Exploring vocal figures e.g ‘belting’
- How to overcome breaks in your voice
We will work towards building your repertoire wherein these techniques are embedded securely, ready for performance. We will develop your tone and extend the range of vocal ‘colour’ available to you through various repertoire. The aim being to equip you with a singing voice that will last you a lifetime.
Lessons are tailored to suit your individual needs and learning style. This includes the length of the lesson and the frequency:
- 30 minutes – Perfect for beginners or those who prefer a ‘little and often’ approach.
- 45 minutes – A longer session, aimed at students who are wanting to explore their voice in more depth, or who are wishing to take exams. Perfect for adults returning to voice work after a break, or younger students considering studying music and singing in higher/further education.
- 60 minutes – Aimed at students 14+ wishing to enter into the performing arts industry or professionals looking to ‘brush up’ on technique or prepare for auditions. Unfortunately, these sessions are limited and only available to students meeting this criteria.
Lessons are available on a PAYG basis, or can be booked in blocks of 6 at a reduced rate. See price list.